Document Management System
The document management system allows you to store, classify, and search your enterprise’s documents. This module provides an FTP access to all your ERP’s resources. For a dynamic and efficient classification, the folders structure is provided by other objects. It is very useful to track documents related to projects, products, sales, contracts, etc.
* FTP Access for authenticated users,
* Automatic indexation of PDF, DOC, ODT, SXW, TXT.
* Virtual files and folders to automate any kind of document generation Integration Benefits:
* Stores automatically ERP reports
* Automatic classification of resources
* Shared access rights for DMS and ERP
* Store emails with outlook Plugin
* Module: document
Treeno Enterprise Document Management
The Treeno Enterprise Document Management (EDM) solution allows your organization to store all of its important documents and files in a central secure location, while still providing authorized users with easy access to the information they need. Treeno gives you control over all document and file types, including scanned files, electronic documents, emails, and rich media files such as video and audio files. Treeno's browser-based document management user interface allows users to access information without having to install any additional software on their desktop. The Treeno Enterprise Document Management solution includes
* Integration with third-party applications for “one click” searching and indexing * Document versioning with check-in and check-out
* A detailed audit trail that tracks all activity by user, date, and action * An extensive multi-layer security model
* Storage and retrieval of any document or file type
* Full-text search capabilities
* Web browser functionality
For more information about how Treenodocument management works with your department and industry go to the Treeno Solutions Center. Three deployment options
* On premise Treeno Enterprise Document Management Server software installed on your own servers. * Treeno Enterprise Document ManagementCloud Software-as-a-Service hosted by Treeno. * Treeno Enterprise Document Management Vault as a pre-configured, self-contained server appliance.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/introduction-to-document-management-HA010241399.aspx Introduction to document management
Document management focuses on the storage and organization of documents to support active work in progress, including content creation and sharing within an organization. When organizations do not have any kind of formal document management system in place, content is often created and saved in an unmanaged and decentralized way on scattered file shares and individual hard disk drives. This makes it hard for employees to find, share, and collaborate effectively on content. This also makes it difficult for organizations to use the valuable business information and data in the content. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 supports your organization's document management needs by providing a broad set of document management capabilities that enable you to do the following: * Store, organize, and locate documents.
* Ensure the consistency of documents.
* Manage metadata for documents.
* Help protect documents from unauthorized access or use. * Ensure consistent business processes (workflows) for how documents are handled. NOTE This article refers to an example SharePoint site created by Adventure Works, a fictitious company that manufactures bicycles, bicycle components, and bicycling accessories. For example, the Technical Documentation team at Adventure Works, which produces customer-facing publications such as user manuals and product specification sheets, uses many of the document...
References: 9. System Administration Manual, 1993
12. A. Dix and R. Beale Information require ments of distributed workers, 1992 :University of York
Please join StudyMode to read the full document