In the study Habits of first year BSBA
Students in the LSPU-SPCC.
In the Philippine 21st century are now facing challenging that brought about by a modern and rapid change in our society. In this institution like our College and Universities, aims to have a better and quality education to help the students to be more successful in their chosen career it mold and train us to be more capable in the society to prepare them for a real life situation to become more competitive not only in our country but also in the entire world. Since Science is systematized body of knowledge that is based on facts gathered through observation, experimentation and experiences that is verifiable on law used in technology for the benefits of man and his environment. Modern gadgets like cell phone, laptop and net book are brought about by technology. Now a day, a modern world needs innovation. Modern Gadgets use by a student as a source of information in their studies. Students had a chance to use this gadget to be more responsible for additional knowledge. Using this gadget the researcher had a chance to evaluate what are the effects of this in the Life of every student particularly the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in San Pablo City Campus. There should be an academic standard to raise the quality of education since education is continuous learning and life long process. The researches aim to study just to know the effects of the modern gadgets in study habits of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Background of the Study
Modern world needs more innovation to sustain our needs most especially in the educational institution like In our college that need more resources to help and uplift the quality of life as student and as individual. We believed that one of the major sources of information to upgrade the study habits of students is the modern tools or gadgets Many people are involved in an abundant number of relationships through technology, but sometimes the quantity of these associations leaves people feeling qualitatively empty. Obviously, technology has had a profound impact on what it means to be social. Since modern gadgets are associated with technology students are engage to use different modern gadgets like cell phones, laptop, and net book in their study. Society is likely on the cusp of a social revolution, during which it will be important to redefine socially appropriate and acceptable behaviors (with regard to digital or virtual interaction). We are at a point in history where very few people have given critical thought to new social realities created by technology and what those realities mean for the individual and society. Think about how each technology affects your social life and social skills. Keep in mind that these are only a few of the technologies that may affect you socially. The researchers aims to find out the effects of modern gadgets in the study habits of first year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the College of Business Management and Accountancy at the Laguna State Polytechnic University San Pablo Campus.
Statement of the Problem
The present investigation on the effects of the modern gadgets in the study habits of fourth year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration students in LSPU-SCC. Specifically sought to answer the following questions.
1. What are the effects of Modern gadgets in the study habits of first year Bachelor of Science in Business administration in terms of? a. age
2. Is the use of the Modern Gadgets effective in enhancing the study Habits of first year BSBA students? 3. How do the members of the respondents assess the impacts of Modern gadgets in the study habits of the first year BSBA?
Significance of the Study
This study on the Effects of Modern Gadgets in the study habits of first year Bachelor of Science in Business administration in the College of Business management and accountancy in San Pablo Campus, San Pablo city 1st semester 2013-2014 aimed to benefit the following:
They are beneficiaries of this improvement aspects can definitely give away to the improved academic performance using modern gadgets.
It will help to the teachers most especially in evaluating the student’s performance using modern gadgets in study habit of first year BSBA.
The one who help in the development of the child and provided the needs of their children and partners of the teacher.
Scope and Limitation of the Study
This study dealt with the relevance on the Effects of Modern Gadgets in the study of First year Bachelor of business Administration. This study on the Effects of Modern Gadgets in the study habits of first year Bachelor of Science in Business administration in the College of Business management and accountancy in San Pablo Campus, San Pablo city 1st semester 2013-2014.
The respondents of the study were 50 first year BSBA, questionnaires were used as the main data gathering instrument.
This chapter presents literature and studies that were relevant to this undertaking. The review of related studies is followed by conceptual framework, statement of hypothesis and operational definition of terms.
The Disadvantages of Gadgets on Students
Modern technologies like television and computers provide identifiable educational advantages, such as greater access to information and more compelling presentations of that information. Over-use of technology, though, especially such gadgets as cell phones, iPods and video games, presents a whole range of problems, which may interfere with a student's ability to learn and attend to lessons. Social Networking
* Students who use their computers or cell phones to participate in social networking sites may post material considered inappropriate by school authorities. They may also develop an unfavorable reputation based on those pictures or comments. Pictures of misbehavior can adversely affect their chances of getting into the university of their choice or of getting a job. Addictions
* It is easy to become addicted to gaming, texting, talking on the phone or socializing online. Some students may attempt to do this in class, which disrupts their learning, and at home it detracts from study time. Kids putting in long hours on their gadgets will give less attention to assignments and may be irritable when they are away from their gadgets. They might also sleep less, which can slow down their thinking the next day.
* In the past, children and young people filled up their free time by reading books, socializing, or engaging in active, creative play. A fixation on gadgets reduces participation in of all these, especially the aspect of creativity. Digital worlds can be vast, but they are always structured, not requiring the imagination and inventiveness of unstructured play. Some children become less creative and less able to entertain themselves. Health
* Persistent use of high-tech gadgetry can lead to a slew of health problems for young and old alike. A sedentary lifestyle discourages exercise and encourages obesity. The back-lit screens used for computers, iPhones and video games can cause eye problems. Walking around everywhere with music blaring directly into your ears brings on headaches and hearing difficulties. The net effect of all these things, plus the pressure of immediate responses to everything, can become stressful. Your Brain
* In The Mail Online, neurologist Susan Greenfield says that technology use changes our brains and not always for the better. Just thinking about doing something --- such as performing an action in a video game --- affects your brain nearly as strongly as actually doing it. There is circumstantial evidence linking a rise in Attention Deficit Disorder with increased use of video games, causing many scientists to worry that children may do permanent harm to their brains by spending too much time interacting with such gadgets. A negative effect of these gadgets on students can be the fact that they can become obsessive and the students can neglect everything else, like their social life, their family and friends. Is not a bad thing to have a computer, but is a bad thing to spend all your life in front of it pretending that nothing else exists. Otherwise, most gadgets have positive effects because they enable us to do things faster and easier and they are good when it comes to learning new things.