The Earth Day

Topics: Garbage disposal, Plumbing, Water Pages: 3 (442 words) Published: August 10, 2013
About 70% of the earths surface is covered by water, but only 3% of all water is fresh; the other 97% is ocean water (salty)

About 70% of the earths surface is covered by water, but only 3% of all water is fresh; the other 97% is ocean water (salty)

WHY IS WATER IMPORTANT?
* Water is healthy
* The planet is 75 % water
* 75 % of our brains is made up of water
* Water protects body organs
* 90 % of a person´s blood is made up of water
* Water helps the body convert food into energy
* Water is the only substance that can get dirt and bacteria off of our bodies

WHY IS WATER IMPORTANT?
* Water is healthy
* The planet is 75 % water
* 75 % of our brains is made up of water
* Water protects body organs
* 90 % of a person´s blood is made up of water
* Water helps the body convert food into energy
* Water is the only substance that can get dirt and bacteria off of our bodies

We are 90% water
We are 90% water
The
World Water day
The
World Water day
22th of March
2013
22th of March
2013

How water should be use
How water should be use
* Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
A small drip from a worn faucet washer can waste 20 gallons of water per day. Larger leaks can waste hundreds of gallons.

* Every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue or other small bit of trash, five to seven gallons of water is wasted.

* Check your toilets for leaks

* Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators.

* Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
A small drip from a worn faucet washer can waste 20 gallons of water per day. Larger leaks can waste hundreds of gallons.

* Every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue or other small bit of trash, five to seven gallons of water is wasted.

* Check your toilets for leaks

* Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators.

* Take shorter showers.

* Turn off...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay about Earth Day
  • Earth Day Essay
  • Earth Day Essay
  • The History Of Earth Day Essay
  • Save Our Mother Earth Essay
  • earth day Essay
  • Earth Day Research Paper
  • Earth Day Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free