MAP Instructions: Select “Study Area (myA&P) Select “Interactive Physiology” (left tab) Select “Chapter 19: Cardiovascular System – Factors that Affect Blood Pressure” Click “Topic,” watch the tutorial, and then answer the following questions.
The Cardiovascular System: Factors That Affect Blood Pressure
1. What are the three main factors that influence total peripheral resistance (TPR)?
b. Vascular Resistance
c. A change in blood viscosity
2. Name three hormones that act as vasoconstrictors.
b. Angiotensin II
c. Antidiuretic Hormone
3. Name two hormones that directly increase blood volume.
a. Antidiuretic Hormone
4. Track the effect on blood pressure by reducing venous return. Go through all the steps. VR decrease in stroke volume (SV) --> decrease in cardiac output (CO) --> decrease in blood pressure (BP)
5. Categorize the following into: A. Factors which increase blood pressure B. Factors that decrease blood pressure
_A___ arterial diameter _A___ total vessel length
_B___ vessel elasticity _B___ plasma epinephrine
_B___ blood volume _B___ plasma angiotensin
_A___ stroke volume _A___ plasma ADH
_B___ blood viscosity _B___ parasympathetic stimulation
_A___ blood volume _A___ sympathetic stimulation Use arrows in the spaces for questions 6 through 10.
6. A in hematocrit will result in ____ blood viscosity and ____ blood pressure.
7. Growth will result in ____ total vessel length and an ____ blood pressure.
8. Arteriosclerosis will result in ____ vessel elasticity and an ____ blood pressure.
9. Excessive sweating will result in a short term ____ in blood volume and a ____ in blood pressure.
10. An in epinephrine will result in ____ vessel diameter and an ____ in blood