Choose one of the following questions to answer for the argument essay in this module. Does our state do enough to prevent distracted driving?
Can a Public Service Announcement (PSA) help reduce the number of distracted driving incidents?
1. Write the claim you will present in your argument essay.
PSA’s can't help reduce the number of distracted driving incidents, they are showed all the time but yet accidents due to distracted driving happen often.
2. Write the counterclaim that you will refute in your argument essay. Although some people won't stop texting and driving due to a PSA, there are probably thousands of people that see a psa about a young girl, or a family dying because of texting and driving; and that actually makes them stop distracted driving.
Identify research sources that you will use in your argument essay. Include at least two primary sources and at least two secondary sources. Use MLA citations to document your sources here. Be sure to use an online source, such as EasyBib or Son of Citation to help create the citations. An example has been provided. Example: "What Is Distracted Driving?" Distraction.gov, n.d. Web. 05 Apr. 2013. PRIMARY SOURCES
1. "Study: Texting While Driving Now Leading Cause of Death for Teen Drivers - Newsday." Newsday. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Nov. 2014.
2. Distracted Driving." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 Oct. 2014. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. SECONDARY SOURCES
1. "Cell Phone, Other Distractions Greater Threat to Teen Drivers." Insurance Journal News. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. .
2. WEEKEND, Heather. "Distracted Driving: What You Can Do." USA Today. Gannett, 22 Apr. 2014. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. .
Submit the introductory paragraph of 7...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document