TERMPAPER : Gerund and its functions in the structure of the English sentence In the 1-st section we are talking about
1. GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS of Gerund its properties and functions: -Gerund as a special impersonal form of the verb
- Characteristics of the the dual nature of Gerund
- predicate constructions of Gerund
- Peculiarities of Gerund use after some certain verb groups In the 2-nd section I will tell about
2. -Syntactic functions of Gerund in Eng. Sentence based on the novel of Cecilia Ahern The gift: -The analysis of gerund from the standpoint of syntactic functions - Cecilia Ahern*s novel "The Gift" and its features in the aspect of the author's style - Functioning of gerund in certain syntactic roles and frequency of their use in the book Introduction:
The relevance of our research: Gerund - is impersonal form of the verb, which is endowed with the qualities of a verb and a noun. In the Ukrainian language there isn*t similar form that’s why it*s difficult to determine what to use as a object after some certain words. Depending on the author of the textbook we can distinguish different word lists after which we should use gerund. There is a list of stable structures with prepositions after which usually follows gerund. The use of Gerund is a serious problem for students. The theme of our research is actual because of the need to learn more impersonal form of gerund. Gerund hasn*t equivalents in Ukrainian language that’s why interest to its research keeps popularity among scientists . IP Ivanov, RG Kverk, VN Komissarov, L .P. Krysin, SP Romanov, KA Savchuk should be allocated among active researchers of our time. Practical grammar books which were written by foreign authors including R. Murphy, A. Robinson, M. Foley, D. Hall, N. Coe, V. Evans, L. Edwards are particularly valuable for our research too. Research object of our termpaper is gerund as impersonal form of the verb Research subject of our termpaper is gerund and its features...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document