Marketing Management SBMA7102
Submitted To: Anthony Banham
Submitted By: Mohammed Mohibul Islam Bhuiyan
Student ID: 1203524
Assignment on: Critically assess how marketing department adds value to the FedEx
Table of content
3 2. FedEx Marketing synopsis
3 3. FedEx in Bangladesh
4. Area basis marketing In Bangladesh
5. SWOT Analysis
6. Marketing Plan
7. Marketing strategy
8. Market targeting and positioning
9. Marketing Mix
10. FedEx Goods (product)
i. FedEx International Priority
ii. Fast Reliable Service Worldwide.
iii. FedEx International Priority Freight
iv. Delivery commitment
v. Delivery option
vi. IPF offers priority delivery to US locations
vii. Money-back-Guarantee (MBG)
viii. FedEx Modern Aid
11. FedEx Charges (Price)
12. Position (Place)
14. FedEx Value-added-services
15. Marketing Planning Analysis and Limitations (Bangladesh)
11 16. Conclusion
FedEx is the largest express transportation co. in the world, Frederick W. Smith is the founder of this company and began operation in April 1973. Now a day Federal Express Corporation served in 220 countries. Directly served in 50 countries and rest of those are licensee of Federal Express Corporation is called GSP (Global Service Partner). It has 650 aircraft of its own and supply chain management. In early 1998, Federal Express overnight package delivery business was the undisputed leader. Through the acquisition of Calibre System Inc with $2.4 billion leading provider of transportation management solutions and a new holding company, the formation of on-time delivery and FedEx Corporation. His delivery of the parcel, in this process, the group companies, FedEx solidify a market share of 43%. Position. FedEx step up that lacked accuracy, competitors and customers (e.g., UPS, DHL) FedEx [along] relies today, a weak effectiveness of the business model, FedEx strategic behavior to other Companies, some of which were more loyal customers .FedEx, depending on the speed and reliability of FedEx skill value, they are carefully created. The company is called supply chain management, production and stock of product release trout, finis. Increase effectively, to manage the supply chain to reduce the unpredictability of return FedEx Marketing synopsis:
It is a symbol of the quality of the speed of the FedEx brand, service, and reliability. FedEx is one of the most recognized brands in the world. The focus is on the promotion and protection of one of the FedEx brand, the most important asset of our particular. I in addition to traditional print and broadcast advertising; we promote the FedEx brand through corporate sponsorship and events FedEx in Bangladesh:
Bangladesh expresses Co. Ltd.( Licensed of Federal Express Corporation), employees over 300 staff and has provided express transportation services in Bangladesh for over 22 years under the rules and guidance of it’s mother company Federal Express Corporation Ltd (FedEx), it’s called Global service partnership (GSP).It’s operates a network of 20 service centers, including 12 in Dhaka (capital city) and Chittagong (commercial capital City). Bangladesh Express provides 24- hour service to its customers through its Gulshan Service Center. Area basis marketing In Bangladesh:
FedEx has branch office in Dhaka excluding corporate office, Chittagong, Khulna, Sylhet and Comilla. In Dhaka city there are five zones: Dhaka (East, west, North and...
Bibliography: 1. 1p.kotler (2005). principal of marketing. 5th ed. usa: pearson. 35-300.
2. A. Ries and J. Trout, 2000, Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind, 20th Anniversary Edition, New York: McGraw-Hill.
3. Adrian Palmer, 2008, Principles of Services Marketing, 5th Edition, McGraw-Hill Education (UK) Limited, United Kingdom, pp420-421.
4. Bernard H. Booms and Mary J. Bitner, 1981, Marketing Strategies and Organization Structures for Service Firms, in J.H. Donnelly and W.R. George, Marketing of Services, Chicago: American Marketing Association, pp47-51.
5. Daft Richard L. (2008), New Era of Management, 2nd edition, US: Thomson South-Western. p.311.
6. David Fred. R., 2007. Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases. International Edition, 11th ed. United States of America: Pearson Prentice Hall. p. 76-107.
7. Hitt M.A., Ireland R.D. & Hokisson R.E., 2005. Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalisation(Concepts and Cases). 6th ed. United States: Thomson South-Western. p. 44, 45, 46.
8. J.C. Anderson & J.A. Narus, 1995, Capturing the Value of Supplementary Service, Harvard Business Review, January-February, pp75-83.
9. Kerin, Hartley, Berkowitz, Rudelius, 2006. Marketing. 8th ed. United States of America: Mc Graw Hill.
10. Kotler, Keller, Brady, Goodman & Hansen, 2009, Marketing Management, Pearson Education Limited 2009, England, pp334.
11. Michael D. Hartline & O. C. Ferrell, 1996, The Management of Customer Contact Service Employees, Journal of Marketing, 60, no.4, October 1996, pp.52-70.
2. bdexpress. 2012. bdexprexx.com. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.bdexpress.com. [Accessed 14 December 12]
4. metal technologis. 2012. liquidmetaltech.com. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.lliquidmetaltechnologis.com. [Accessed 13 December 12].
5. fedex. 2012. fedex.com. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.fedex.com/wikpedia. [Accessed 06 January 13]
Please join StudyMode to read the full document