ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY AGREEMENT
Under part 1 of the Housing Act 1988
As amended under part 3 of the Housing Act 1996.
This agreement is between us:
27 Old Haymarket
Liverpool L1 6ER
0151 559 3333
We let out Room NUMBER: _____________________ of the property at: X1 Arndale House, 89-103 London Road, Liverpool, L3 8JA.
Together with the Fixtures Furniture and Household belongings that are specified in the inventory signed by both parties.
Term: The tenant will occupy the property from: 16th September 2013 until 17th August 2014.
Room Type: Double En-suite Room
The rent is: £ 125.00 per week
Rent payments are payable in advance in 3 instalments paid by bank transfer, on the dates denoted below: 1. 2nd September 2013, first rent payment of £2,000.00
2. 3rd January 2014, second rent payment of £2,000.00
3. 7th April 2014, third rent payment of £2,000.00
You will pay a non-refundable administration fee of £150.00 and a deposit of £150.00 to X1 Management. The deposit will hold your room until your tenancy agreement starts and will be submitted into a tenancy deposit protection scheme within 14 days of receipt. It will be held for the duration of this agreement and is refundable at the end of the tenancy agreement in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you cancel your tenancy agreement prior to moving into the property your deposit will be non-refundable and will be retained as a cancelation fee.
We let out the property at:
1. To you (individually and together if there is more than one of you) as well as the furniture, fixtures and household belongings that are specified in the inventory that you and we signed. The amount of rent is shown above and both you and we must keep to the terms below.
2. Under this agreement you have exclusive occupation of the room specified above, and will share with other occupiers of the flat the use and facilities (including such as bathroom and toilet if applicable, and kitchen and seating area within communal areas).
3. Rent is inclusive of utilities including; water rates, gas and electric bills for the term of your tenancy agreement stated above. Electric bills are capped at a £300.00 allowance per tenant per year, which will include usage within the whole flat, both individual rooms and shared communal areas. This is an adequate amount for the period whilst ensuring fair usage. Utility bills that exceed the total allowance per flat will be charged equally between all tenants that occupy the flat.
4.You are required to provide us with 7 days notice to check into the property. Check ins will take place between 9.00am-4.00pm Monday to Friday.
4.You will be required to check out by 4.00pm on the last date of your agreement stated above, and must return the keys to the office. Any keys not returned will be charged from your deposit.
5. This agreement is an assured shorthold tenancy (as defined in section 19A of the Housing Act 1988). The arrangements in section 21 of the Housing Act 1988 for the landlord to repossess the property apply to this agreement.
6. We will let the property to you (individually and together) and only you will be allowed to live there.
7.No children are allowed to live in the property.
8. No animals are allowed in the property.
9. You have to pay a deposit of £150.00 (you will not receive interest on it). You will get it back when this agreement ends and you leave the property, as long as you have kept to all the agreements and conditions and you have paid all the rent and bills for the property. If you do not do so, we may take from your deposit any rent legally owed to us, or other money legally owed to us, reasonable compensation if you have broken any of your agreements, or the reasonable cost of making good any damage which is not caused by fair wear and tear. We are entitled to keep the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document