TCP/IP LAN Checkpoint Questions
1. An IPv6 address is made up of how many bits?
An IPv6 address is made up of 128 bits.
2. The subnet mask of an IP address does which of the following?
The subnet mask defines network and host portions of an IP address.
3. If a protocol is routable, which TCP/IP layer does it operate at?
A routable protocol operates at the Internetwork layer of TCP/IP.
4. Which of the following is a private IP address and can’t be routed across the Internet?
The IP address 172.19.243.254 falls within one of the IP address ranges reserved for private uses by Internet standards groups.
5. Which TCP/IP model layer takes a large chunk of data from the Application layer and breaks it into smaller segments?
The Transport layer of the TCP/IP model breaks data from the Application layer into smaller segments.
6. Which of the following protocols resolves logical addresses to physical addresses?
The Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is the telecommunications protocol that resolves logical addresses to physical addresses.
7. Which of the following protocols provides connectionless service? (Choose all that apply.)
Both the IP and UDP protocols provide connectionless service where the host can send a message without establishing a connection with the recipient first.
8. If you want to design an Application-layer protocol that provides fast, efficient communication and doesn’t work with large amounts of data, what Transport-layer protocol would you design it to use?
9. Which of the following is the term for identifying packets used by TCP to establish a connection?
A three-way or TCP handshake establishes a connection by requiring both the client and server exchange acknowledgment packets before actual data communication begins.
10. What is the term for each grouping of 8 bits in an IP address?
The term for a grouping of 8 bits in an IP address is octet.
11. When using TCP/IP, which of the following must computers on the same logical