I. Create a new Word document and save it on your H drive with the following document title: “Task1_ENGL_YOURLASTNAME.doc” Be sure to write your actual last name in the title where I have written “YOURLASTNAME.” Thus, I would save my document with this title: “Task1_ENGL_Seward.doc” Also, be sure to save the document in .doc format—NOT .docx. If you do not know how to do this, ask a fellow student or the instructor.
II. Once you have created the document with the proper name, write and save the following on the document:
1. Type in your full name.
2. Type in where you took College English 1: which college, instructor and semester?
3. Write a brief paragraph (4-6 sentences) about what you learned in College English 1.
4. Write a brief paragraph (4-6 sentences) about what you expect to learn in this class: College English 2.
5. Write a brief paragraph (4-6 sentences) about yourself as a student: what are your strengths, you weaknesses? How do you learn best? What does a “good” class look like for you—how is it organized; how does the teacher act; how do you interact with other students?
6. Write a list of at least 4 areas of interest you have for research: things you wonder about, questions you have, things you’d like to know or understand better. The following can serve as examples: What were the causes of the Arab Spring? What happened with the Occupy Movement? How did Michelle Bachman get elected in Minnesota? Has technology really ruined the music industry?
III. Submit the completed document to the appropriate DISCUSSION THREAD on D2L.
IV. In that discussion thread, you should find a similar document from all the students in your group. For each student, open the document, read it. Then, compose a reply in D2L to that student. If you need help with figuring out how to compose a reply in a discussion thread, see the instructor or a fellow student. In your reply to each student, write the