Student Name: ______Chelsey Colston_______
1) Write the algebraic expression represented by the algebra tiles. 2) What are the factors of this algebraic expression?
Use the algebra tiles to square the following binomials, then combine like terms and write the resulting expression. 1) = 4x
2) = 6x
4) = y=4x
Form a rectangle with the algebra tiles. What product is represented by the rectangle? Purple, what are the factors of this product? X-Y
Simplify Complicated Expressions:
Record your responses to the following questions.
1) Rewrite and then simplify the algebraic expression.
= 6x-6y/ (3x+3y) (3x+3y) = 6x+3x+3x/ 6y+3y+3y= 12x/12y=0
2) Rewrite and then simplify the algebraic expression.
= (x-y2)*(x+y2)*(4x+4y) / (x-3y) (x+3y) (2x+2y) = X+x+4x+x+x+2x / 2y+ 2y+ 4y+ 3y+3y+2y= 8X/16Y= 4X/8Y= 2X/4Y= 1X/2Y 3) How many different ways do you think there are to write a complicated algebraic expression that simplifies to a single variable x? There are 3 different ways to write complicated algebraic expressions.
4) Write your own complicated algebraic expression that simplifies to a single variable x. Make sure you need at least 2 polynomial identities to simplify it. Then simplify your expression to prove that it simplifies to a single variable x. Factoring
All are divisible by 3
9x^2 / 3 + 27x /3 -3/3
= 3x^2 + 9x – 1
9x^2 + 27x – 3= 3 (3x^2 + 9x – 1)
= 9x^2 + 27x – 3 / 3
= (3x^2 + 9x – 1)
= 3X^2 + 9x - 1
Buy Screen Parts:
Tablets R Us Screens
Totally Tablets Screens
Tablet Mart Screens
1) List the 3 screens available from Tablets R Us including x value, y value, area, length, and width: x
2) List the 3 screens available from totally Tablets including x value, y value, area, length, and width: x
3) List the 3 screens available from Tablet Mart including x value, y value, area, length, and width: x
4) What company will you buy screens from? Confirm your decision by giving the x and y values you need and show your calculations for area, length and width. Design Your Tablet Prototype:
1) Sketch what your tablet will look like or find a picture. Label the width and height of the screen 2) Name your Tablet.
3) Pick at least 2 tablet features and write a short description of each (examples: # of apps, speed, screen resolution, memory, etc.). 4) Write a short paragraph describing why your tablet is the best and why people should buy one.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document