(402) INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. International Business Environment – Globalization – Forces, Meaning, (25) dimensions and stages in Globalization – Introduction to theories of International Trade by Adam Smith, Ricardo and Ohlin & Heckler – Trading Environment of International Trade – Tariff and Non-tariff Barriers – Trade Blocks – Rise of new economies like Japan, South East Asia and China as compared to India. 2. Country Risk Analysis – Political, Social and Economic – Cultural and Ethical (10) practices – Halsteade model - Responsibilities of International Business 3. Managing Multinational Enterprises – Problems and Potential – Multinational (4) 79
Service Organizations – Indian companies becoming Multinationals – Potential, Need and Problems
4. Introduction to International Financial Management – Balance of Trade and (10) Balance of Payment – International Monetary Fund, Asian Development Bank and World Bank – Financial Markets and Instruments – Introduction to Export and Import Finance – Methods of payment in International Trade - Introduction to current EXIM policy.
5. Bilateral and Multilateral Trade Laws – General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs, (3) (GATT), World Trade Organization – IPR, TRIPS, TRIMS, GATS – Ministerial Conferences.
6. International Marketing – Entry strategies – Market selection – Barriers (2) 7. Global sourcing and its impact on Indian Industry – Globalization and internal reform process – India’s competitive advantage in industries like IT, Textiles, Gems & Jewellery etc. – Potential and threats (3)
8. Case Studies: (3)
Country Risk Analysis
Cases on theories of International Trade
Cases on WTO related to topic 5
Cases on International Marketing
1. International Business Environment – Sundaram and Black 2. International Business Environment – Bhalla and Raju
3. International Financial Management – P.G.Apte
4. International Business – Francis Cherulinam
5. International Business –...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document