Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. was incorporated on 15th September 2000. It took over the business of providing of telecom services and network management from the erstwhile Central Government Departments of Telecom Services (DTS) and Telecom Operations (DTO), with effect from 1st October‘2000 on going concern basis. It is one of the largest & leading public sector units providing comprehensive range of telecom services in India.
BSNL has installed Quality Telecom Network in the country & now focusing on improving it, expanding the network, introducing new telecom services with ICT applications in villages & winning customer's confidence. Today, it has about 36.42 million line basic telephone capacity, 7.13 million WLL capacity,...
• To improve productivity by training and skill development and redeployment of legacy manpower
• Developing knowledge pool exposed to latest technological advancements
• To explore opportunities in international telecom in developing markets.
Board of directors:
The Board comprise of 12 Directors, of which 5 [including the CMD] are whole time Directors and 2 Government Nominee Directors. The present composition is as under
• Chairman & Managing Director- Shri Anupam Shrivastava
• Director - (CFA) & (Enterprise) - Shri N.K.Mehta
• Director - (CM) - Shri R.K.Mittal
• Director - (HRD) & (Fin)- Smt. Sujata Ray
• Govt. Director- Shri N.SIVASAILAM
• Govt. Director- Smt. Padma Iyer Kaul
• Non Official Independent Director- Smt. Kanuru Sujatha Rao
• Non Official Independent Director- Dr. Santosh R.Dastane
• Non Official Independent Director- prof. Jasbir Singh
• Non Official Independent Director- Shri V.Venkateshwar...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document