Sword In Stone Answers
1. Sir Grummore suggests that Sir Ector employ a tutor for the boys.
2. First. Grummore suggests advertising for a tutor. and then he decides he should set out on a quest for one.
3. Arthur knows that Cully is not yet roused, or ready to be taken out.
4. Cully is lost, and will not come down from a tree.
5. Kay stomps off, deriding the bird.
6. Arthur stays in the forest to wait until Cully comes down.
7. Arthur is afraid of wild boars, outlaws, magicians, dragons, and the unknown other side of the forest.
8. King Pellinore is afraid of the woods because of the Questing Beast.
9. The Beast has a serpent's head. the body of a libbard, a lion's haunches, and makes a noise in his stomach like that of many hounds questing.
10. Merlyn has a long white beard and mustache, with a bird's nest in his hair. He wears a flowing robe with symbols on it, a pointed hat, and spectacles.
11. Merlyn means that he knows what will happen before it happens because, unlike most people, he goes from the future to the past. It is another way of saying he knows the future.
12. Archimedes is Merlyn's pet owl.
13. Merlyn turns Arthur into a perch.
14. Mr. P tells Arthur that the power of the body is everything in the end, and that "Might is Right." Mr.. P. is a fierce pike fish; dictator, ruler of the moat.
15. A gorecrow flies by and takes the arrow that Arthur shoots straight up into the air. Kay says that it's a witch. This is a foreshadowing of bad things that will happen.
16. Merlyn transports Arthur to where King Pellinore is, promising him a joust.
17. King Pellinore pretends to be giving up, but then turns around and topples Sir Grummore. He wins by cheating. King Pellinore cheats by saying "Pax" then "Non" under his breath. He pretends to give up and then attacks Sir Grummore when he thought the match was over.
18. Sir Grummore asks King Pellinore to cut off his head, but the king denies this request.
19. Arthur must