In the video, Draco’s Transition to Group Time (n.d.), it appears to be a child day care center with children ages 4-5 years old. Draco appears to be a special-needs child who has difficulties with his gross motor and fine …show more content…
• Play hopscotch to help with coordination and balance.
• Set up an obstacle course with boxes, pillows, and blankets where the child can crawl under, on, and through.
• Dance” (Patino, 2016).
• Play with Play Dough or clay with plastic tools such as scissors or cookie cutters to form into various shapes.
• Stack and arrange blocks of various sizes.
• String beads, macaroni, rigatoni or wheel-shaped cereal on yarn or shoelaces.
• Put together puzzles.
• Have scissors, paints, brushes, markers, crayons, and large chalk that are all child-safe.
Child care professionals play an important role in supporting children who are experiencing delays or challenges in the development of their gross motor and fine motor skills, and their social and emotional skills. Furthermore, child care professionals can support children in these areas by becoming familiar with a child’s interests and strengths and using this knowledge as a basis for planning various activities that will help a child with delays, like