HOW MY BROTHER LEON BROUGHT HOME A WIFE
BY: MIGUEL E. ARGUILLA * Nagrebcan,Bauang,La Union (1910)
* BSE Degree, UP (1933)
* Bureau of Public Welfare
* Manila Magazines
* Commonwealth Literary Contest (1940)
* LEON- husband of Maria, brother of Baldo
* BALDO- brother of Leon
* MARIA- wife of Leon
* MOTHER- motherly, accepts Maria wholeheartedly, very emotional * FATHER- not showy of his emotions
* PLOT SUMMARY
* Baldo met and pick up Leon and Maria who were travelling on a carretela. * Maria get acquainted with Baldo and carabao Labang.
* Baldo, Maria and Leon started their way home by riding on Labang. * Instead of going directly to Camino Real, they went back and passed in Waig. * Leon knew from Baldo that it was their father’s idea to pass in waig. * During their journey, it was starting to get dark but they were delighted to see stars. * While stargazing, the even sang “The Sky Sown with stars” along the way. * When they arrived home there was a dramatic encounter between Leon, his mother, Maria and his siblings. * Baldo had a conversation between his father about their journey and about Maria. * STYLES OF THE AUTHOR
* Chonological- around afternoon, near sunset
* Physical- Nagrebcan, farm
B.POINT OF VIEW
* First person point of view
* Man Vs. Himself
* CULTURAL IMPLICATION
* A man should bring his fiancée to meet his family.
* Use of carabao by means of transportation in the farm.
* A man and a woman should ask a blessing to his parents in whatever plans they want to make.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document