2. What should a nurse do to prevent heat loss from evaporation= dry them up and remove the wet linen.
3. Child with cephalohematoma. What condition is associated with cephalohemetoma = jaundice
4. Why do we perform gestational age in a baby= to identify developmental level
5. What kind of exam do we perform to access for gestational age = ballot score
6. A baby has been circumcised a mother called the unit and complains that she saw a yellow crust on the penile area what do you tell the mother=Normal
7. You are teaching a mom how to use a bulb syringe what will you tell her to do= tilt babies head to the side and sanction the check
8. You are providing umbilical cord care, what will you do to provide this care= dye, open, dry, to prevent infection.
9. You have a patient who is breast feeding you want to prevent nipple trauma what will you teach= latching on, make sure the oriole is in the baby mouth and the baby is sucking onto it. And the baby is not sucking the nipple.
10. When babies have jaundice and are placed on a phototherapy why should we make sure that they have fluid and they get fed= prevent dehydration, hypoglycemia and promote growth
11. A neonate that was born 4hours after delivery mother is diabetic and some of the signs and symptoms is that the baby is jittery = hypoglycemia, check blood sugar and feed them
12. A woman who came to labor and delivery, having contractions she is restless and in pain you want to ask her some questions, when is the best time to ask her questions= in-between contractions
13. you are formulation a plan of care for a patient it relates to pain management, what influences pain=cultures, previous experience, psychosocial, anxiety and fear full see pain management (ppt)
14. if someone has an abnormal fetal heart rate and you turned her to one side and the condition continues = turn her to the other side.
15. How early can we do a Trans vaginal ultrasound =6 weeks what will we be looking for= pregnancy, how many fetus
16. A patient has physiological anemia what is the cause= hemodilution
17. A doctor prescribes ion for a patient. What food are rich in ion= greens organ meat, spinach, red meat, broccoli
18. Folic acid= tofu, soy
19. Why do we recommend folic acid= to prevent neuro tube defect
20. What is the best solution to drink when drinking ion=orange juice because vitamin c helps to absorb iron.
21. A patient came into the emergency room she is five centimeters dilated 80% effaced and 0 station what do you tell her= she is in active phase, the head is in the ischium spine.
22. Review fetal tracing. This time review variability minimal or absence
23. 2 maths question
24. Domestic violence review the stage the abuser goes through e.g. honeymoon stage is when the abuse become remorseful buy flower and apologize pg. 607
25. Patient comes in with abdominal pain what assessment finding tell you that she has abruption that is concealed = rigid beardlike abdomen, internal bleeding behind the abdomen. The stomach is board like because the muscles soak all the blood
26. A patient is pregnant and comes in to L&D with a bleeding episodes what is you first nursing assessment= fetal heart and maternal vital signs
27. The nurse is teaching a bunch of pregnant women about risk factors of gestational diabetes= obesity, diet, history of unexplained fetal demise ( review risk factors)
28. A patient comes into antepartum and the doctor order omniocentatsis at 34 weeks= PG ratio & LS ratio
29. Amniocentesis at 18 weeks are chromosomal abnormalities
30. Ambivalence and safe passage for her child throughout pregnancy through
31. What should you do if an infertile couple comes in to the clinic= take a comprehensive history, health, and family, sex on both father and mother.
32. A patient who is 40 years old with a history of cardiovascular accident and a history of trumboeblitic disorders ask for oral contraceptic= do not give because it is contraindicated she might develop dvt.
33. What is correct way to apply condom.
34. Major sign of congenital syphilis= macule and papules
35. Patients come in with a herpes legion on the vagina and cervix= the child will be affected
36. Person with cardiac problems about to undergo an invasive procedure= give prophylactic antibiotic to prevent bacteria endocarditis
37. What are some of the risk factors associated with postpartum hemorrhage=sub involution, retain placenta, large baby or multiple gestation, multiparity, mag sulphate, review ppt
38. Patient who bleed for a while after one week still bleeding= call the doctor and come in late hemorrhage
39. Criteria for early hemorrhage = first 24 hrs. 500ml
40. Late hemorrhage = 500ml more than 24hours
41. C-section= 1000ml in the 1st 24 hrs.
42. To prevent thrombophlebitis in a patient with C-section= early ambulation and compression stocking
43. What kind of temperature will make you think of post-partum infection= 100.4 for the second day
44. Additional cal for a breast feeding mom= 500
45. 2 days postpartum not happy, crying = post-partum blood
46. Depression= after 10 day