The new analphabet is the one who doesn´t know how to use a computer, if you were in Earth in the past 10 years you now that today we do practically everything on computer: we work, we have fun, we shop, we talk. And all thanks to the Internet. So Internet is:
• more convenient;
• more practical;
• much bigger than a normal library;
• we can get practically everything for free, legal and illegally;
• we can get different points of view about the same subject
But there is the bigger disadvantage of Internet, and the biggest advantage from books: The information you get from Internet can not be 100% right, because everybody can write on Internet about everything.
Books, the traditional source of information, before the radio, before the TV, before the Computer, there was books and newspapers. There are books for everyone: Scientific, Encyclopedia, just to list the biggest source of information. You can get book from a bookstore, from a library or from the Internet, of prizes and sizes. So what are the good points of a book?
• The information you get is real. At least, you are sure that the books are a source of reliable information.
• They are more portable. You can do a research while you are on the bus, but if you don't have a laptop with Internet, you can't do it on the bus.
• In the Internet you can get different points of view, on a good book, you get an imparcial point of view, so you get your point of view all by yourself.
The biggest disadvantage of books are: you need several books to get the same number of source of information that you get from Internet, and several books take several space.
The advantages of Internet
Following are the advantages provided by the Internet:
1) Information the biggest benefit offered by the Internet is information. It functions as a valuable resource of information. You can find any type of information on any subject with the help of the search engines like Yahoo and Google.