Parents, Guardians and Participants over age 18, please carefully read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below and provide your signature demonstrating that you have read and understood them. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
REGARDING THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL CALL THE PHONE NUMBER GIVEN AT THE END OF THIS APPLICATION
1. The CYC Summer Program is a week long volunteer program of Credit Valley Conservation for high school aged youth living or going to school in the Credit River watershed area.
2. CYC agrees to provide evidence of a student’s volunteer participation for their community involvement hours requirement for high school graduation or for any other request for verification of volunteer hours upon the completion of their time with us (i.e.: we sign your form at the end of the week).
3. Credit Valley Conservation will not pay a salary or hourly wage to CYC participants.
4. CYC week long programs offer up to 35 hours volunteer time to high school students. Credit for additional hours can be obtained from CVC by participating in other CVC run volunteer events.
5. CYC will provide transportation to and from the assigned meeting place and all CYC work or activity sites only.
6. Transportation to and from the designated meeting place each morning will be the participants’ responsibility.
7. Volunteer contributions accumulate each day once a participant is picked up by the CYC Crew Leader in the morning at the assigned meeting place and stop once returned to the meeting place at the end of the day.
8. Only actual volunteered time will be reflected in our records and on any document CVC provides as evidence of volunteered time. For civic holidays, cancellation of a day’s activities, or for any reason a participant has missed a day, volunteer hours will not be calculated.
9. Each day volunteers will be given a break for lunch and routine breaks in both the morning and afternoon.
10. Participants will be supervised by CYC Crew Leaders and