Strengths and weaknesses
I have a number of key strengths that are contributive to working as a competent manager. I have sound logic, am diplomatic and disciplined and approach social situations with an open mind and an eagerness to understand. While all of these are personal traits, undoubtedly they are ever present in my working life. Each of these traits, in my opinion, allows me to make a balanced assessment of a multitude of situations. There are, of course, a few areas that I need to develop which will also hone the skills that I already possess. I will now outline the specific areas of my strengths and weaknesses.
People Managenent is one of my strongest abilities and one that I have the a real talent for. I love working with people and enjoy the challenge of judging whose skills are best suited to different aspects of the job.
• Accomplished Team Leader - When working within a team I naturally have authority and take control so that the group works efficiently and effectively.
• Diplomacy - I work successfully in a managerial role because I apply logic and reason to situations as well as maintaining balance. When talking, it is important to be considerate, consistant and concise as well as clear. I believe the key to making swift progress is in ensuring that people understand you as quickly as possible.
• Versatility - When faced with a challenging situation I have the ability to change my style of management according to the particular member of staff 's way of working.
• Presence - I am told that I naturally have an air of authority and leadership. I am very direct and will not hide what I am trying to convey.
• Working with large numbers - I have a lack of