ead through both “View the Evidence” and “Read the Court Records.” You will answer the questions on this worksheet and then use those answers to complete Quiz and a writing assignment.
From “View the Evidence”
1. What are the three daisy species that grow in the Anasazi archaeological site? A.
2. How many different forms of the protein compositase did the state botanist detect with gel electrophoresis? (select the answer)
3. Mark the form of the compositase found in each daisy species? One form of compositase
Hybrid form of compositase
4. These species with only one form contain the
forms of compositase.
5. Which of the three species has a hybrid of both forms of compositase?
6. After the state agent compared data from her notes with that from the gel studies, which of the three daisy species was determined to be growing closest to the archaeological site?
7. According to information provided by the state botanist, is X. cronquistii widespread or rare in the Southwest?
8. Does the distribution of X. cronquistii coincide (overlap) with the location archaeological site? YES
From “Read the Court Records”
9. According to the state agent, where did she encounter the plant material she was submitting as evidence against Pete Anderson? (how did she show the jury the association between the plant, the pot, and Pete?)
10. What are the soil preferences for each of these three species? X confertifolia prefers
X. tortifolia prefers
X. cronquistii prefers
11. What Act gives state agents the responsibility to protect archaeological sites?
12. According to the BLM archaeologist, how far was the archaeological site from the Johnson Mine Property?
13. Based only on its morphology (= phenotype, the way it looks), do you think that the BLM archaeologist would be able to determine which of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document