FIRSTLY, WILL DISCUSS WHAT ADVERTISING STRATEGY MEANS AND WHAT ARE THE STEPS INVOLVED IN IT Meaning of advertising strategy:
An advertising strategy is a campaign developed to communicate ideas about products and services to potential consumers in the hopes of convincing them to buy those products and services In today’s world advertising strategies being implemented by a company focuses on three major goals: 1) promote awareness of a business and its product or services; 2) stimulate sales directly and "attract competitors' customers"; 3) establish or modify a business' image
STAGES OF ADVERTISING STRATEGIES ARE:
1. TARGET CUSTOMERS:
* Demographics: age, gender, job, income, ethnicity, and hobbies * Behavior: an advertiser needs to examine the consumers' awareness of the business and its competition, the type of vendors and services the consumer currently uses, and the types of appeals that are likely to convince the consumer to give the advertiser's product or service a chance * Needs and desire: the kind of pitch/message that will convince the consumer that the advertiser's services or products can fulfill those needs
2. PRODUCT CONCEPT: How the product is positioned within the market will dictate the kind of values the product represents, and thus how the target consumer will receive that product 3. COMMUNICATION MEDIA: The types of media categories from which advertisers can choose include the following: * Print primarily newspapers (both weekly and daily) and magazines. * Audio FM radio.
* Video promotional videos, infomercials.
* World Wide Web.
* Direct mail.
* Outdoor advertising , advertisements on public transportation (cabs, buses). 4. ADVERTISING MESSAGE: advertising message contain the following details * What are the product's unique features?
* How do consumers evaluate the product? What is likely to persuade them to purchase the product? * How do...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document