Speech to Persuade for Travel
Imagine getting away from the monotony of your everyday life. You can lie on the beach sipping a cool drink miles away from your worries of getting a paper done or helping a customer at work. You can be on top of a mountain overlooking beautiful lands that are different from your own backyard. Half of the class has taken a vacation less than five times in their lifetimes, but let’s face that most of those probably included those little family vacations to Disneyland. But, all of you said that you planned to travel someday. So, why not do it sooner than later? One of the reasons for not traveling that many of you put is not having time because of school or work. Also, one of your major concerns is budgeting. Between budgets and busy schedules, it is not always easy to set aside time and plan a getaway. PROPOSITON
Getting away, even for a short period, can do wonders for your well being, so you really cannot afford to not travel.
(TRANSITION: First, I will give you the reasons why you should be planning that vacation as soon as possible.)
I. One person that gives us many reasons why we should get to packing is the famous traveler, Rick Steves
A. First, there are the benefits to your mental health.
1. Traveling gives us the opportunity to relax and de-stress, which prevents burnout.
2. Even travel stress is positive stress because it is not the kind caused by home life.
3. By taking that trip, you also avoid monotony and have a break from normal everyday life.
4. Next, it gives you an attitude adjustment because not only is the planning fun, but also having something to look forward to can brighten your mood.
5. On top of that, vacations give you a chance to meet new people, and maybe even learn about different cultures
6. If you take a partner along, it can strengthen your bond as you two experience new things together
7. One of the most important things is that you are creating memorable experiences and