A Research Paper
Mrs. Eujane Requez
In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirement
For the Subject Physics
Name of members: Eduarte, Roberto Juan
Evalle, Rae Dominique
Gadon, Alrenzo Bernard
Zamora, Jordan Francis
Title of Investigatory project:
Mrs. Eujane Requez
Adviser and Physics teacher
Noise pollution disorders the balance or activities in mankind or habitat. The source of most outdoor noise worldwide is mainly machinery, vehicular transportation, aircraft, and trains. Poor urban planning tends to worsen noise pollution, since adjacent industrial and residential structures can result in noise pollution in the residential areas. Since over exposure of noise pollution may produce stress or hypertension for the person, they decided to find ways to make their respective place more peaceful by making their residential structures reinforcements to absorb incoming sound waves. They do this to avoid certain risks concerning health. This was called “Soundproofing”. Soundproofing is the method of reducing sound pressure with respect to a specified sound source and receptor. It may be approached by sound blocking or sound absorption. Both have different purposes, either to reduce sound entering or reducing the sound bouncing inside a room.
B. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study aims to find out the effectiveness of certain materials in soundproofing.
Specifically, it attempts to answer the following questions: 1. Were the materials used effective for sound absorption or sound blocking? 2. What causes the sound to be bounced or reduced?
3. Do these materials effectively contribute to soundproofing?
1. To identify the purpose of the material if it is for sound blocking or sound absorption. 2. To specify the causes of sound bouncing or reduction.
3. To determine the effectiveness of materials in contributing to soundproofing.
1. The purpose of egg trays and foam sheets are for sound absorption. 2. The sound bounces because of the material’s friction within its cell structure. 3. Egg trays and foam sheets effectively contribute to soundproofing.
The researchers assume the following:
1. The sound escaping the shoebox will be reduced.
2. The sound will be amplified better.
3. The discovery of the most effective soundproofing material. F. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study aims to find out the most effective material for soundproofing. This study benefits all people who have a concern for noise pollution. People who prefer peaceful lifestyles gain from this study for they may able to know which material blocks sound. People who prefer loud lifestyles (recording artists and rockstars) also gain from this study for they may able to know which material is best for bouncing sound in a closed room.
G. SCOPE AND LIMITATION
This study was conducted to identify the best material for soundproofing. It also finds out how sound is blocked or reduced.
This study does not include the distance covered by the travelling sound and the prevention of sound barriers.
H. DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following items are defined to facilitate a better understanding of the terms used in the study. REVERBERATION - the persistence of sound in a particular space after the original sound is produced. SOUNDPROOFING - the method of reducing sound pressure with respect to a specified sound source and receptor. It may be approached by sound blocking or sound...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document