Student Handout 4
Extracted Material from Sample Format for a SOP
This student handout contains one page of extracted material from the following publication:
Sample Format for a SOP
Disclaimer: The training developer developed this extracted material. The text may contain passive voice, misspellings, grammatical errors, etc., and may not be in compliance with the Army Writing Style Program.
3RD PLATOON, HHB, 2-319TH AFAR
82nd ABN DIV
Weekly Carbine Maintenance 01
3 April 2014
1. PURPOSE: M4 or M4A1 carbine’s weekly maintenance.
2. APPLICABILITY: 3RD PLATOON. HHB, 2-319TH AFAR, 2ND BCT, 82ND ABN DIV.
3. REFERENCES: Lubricate order (LO); STP 21–1–SMCT; TM 9–1005–319–10; and DA Form 2404, Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet.
3. RESPONSIBILITIES: Armorer must have the arms room open at 0855 and have the DA FORM 2404s ready. Service members are required to properly sign out their carbine at 0900. Section Chiefs are responsible for their section’s serviceability of their M4/M4A1 carbine and the ability for their section to pass inspection by the platoon sergeant and arms room.
4. PROCEDURES: Clearing, disassembling, cleaning, inspection for serviceability, lubricating and reassembling of the carbine.
a. Weapons will be checked and cleared prior to disassembly of your weapon. When clearing your weapon, put your weapon on safe if not done so already, and have your battle buddy ensure that the firing chamber is clear IAW STP 21–1–SMCT.
b. When disassembling your weapon, follow procedures IAW TM 9-1005-319-10 for proper instructions. When disassembly is completed, keep all components in a centralized location so as to prevent misplacing weapon parts....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document