Here is a top 10 list of negative effects of smoking:
1. Coughing: Smokers coughing that is. After a not predetermined time of being a smoker, you will begin to experience smokers cough, because your body uses this as a way to try and get rid of the toxins you inhale while smoking.
2. Yellow teeth: many smokers when they realize the state of their smile, that have gone from bright white to almost yellow stop smiling all that much, or try to hide their teeth while smiling.
3. Trouble with blood circulation: After contaminating your blood for a period of time with the smoke you inhale and that therefore gets into your blood stream, your blood will not circulate as freely in your body as it used to, and your arteries will begin to clog. The ares furthest away from the heart, (hands and feet) will be first to get lowered their blood flow, and you will begin to experience cold hands and feet.
4. Lessened glowing of your skin: A healthy skin have a natural glow about, but with the clogged arteries, the lessened blood flow, will slowly make your skin greyer, and more pale than it used to be.
5. Ugly yellow fingertips: The smoke that several times daily gets in contact with your skin at the fingertips, is slowly going to make the fingers on the hand you hold the cigarette with into ugly looking yellow fingers.
6. Lessened ability to smell the lovely flowers: Well maybe you don't really care about the smell of flowers, but another negative effect of smoking is that rather shortly after becoming a smoker, you taste buds and your ability to smell well be severely worse than before. The good news however is that they return rather quickly after quitting.
7. Lessened lung capacity: Your overall fitness levels are determined largely by the capacity of your lungs, and a negative effects of smoking is a slowly deteriorating lung capacity. When I smoked I had a test as I were doing sport at a serious level, but had collapsed during a track test, and were told my lung capacity were well below par for my age group.
8. Lower Energy: When you smoke, your immune system never relaxes for very long. Immediately when smoke gets in your body, the immune system start fighting it, and is therefore working on overdrive so to speak. That extra use of energy has to come from somewhere, and it does. The energy used is taken from your overall energy levels, Along with that, the lesser lung capacity reduces your body oxygen intake, which again reduces your energy levels. so you can expect a lower energy level overall from smoking.
9. Bad breath: Often times when I were a smoker I would wake up dry mouthed, and my girlfriend refused to kiss me because of my bad breath. This point should require no further explanation.
10. Less oxygen for your brain: Lower oxygen in your blood also causes the brain to get lesser oxygen then it needs to function optimally. This may cause you to have a worse than average ability to focus on things, and it may also cause dizzy spells.
These are just some of the more obvious negative effects of smoking that your body suffers under being a smoker, in the long term your risk of severe blood clogs, lung cancer and heart diseases will dramatically increase the longer you are a smoker.
No matter what you think, smoking kills... slowly but surely, and along the way it deteriorates the quality of life. SO QUIT SMOKING AND LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE!
Smoking has become very common and fashionable, especially among young boys. This habit usually begins at school when boys try to experiment with every new thing that they can lay their hands on. Despite the warnings given by doctors about the ill-effects of smoking, people continue to smoke. Smokers are addicted to it, and even if they want to, they cannot refrain from picking up a cigar or cigarette and puffing away. Some youngsters smoke for the sake of society and some feel that would make them appear liberated and broadminded. In the beginning, a teenager may take a few puffs from his friend's cigarette; then comes a time when it becomes an indispensable part of his life. Several puffs lead to the formation of a habit. Soon smoking begins to affect the health of the smoker. He becomes a chain-smoker. This smoke is toxic and the nicotine in the cigarette is known to cause cancer. It is ironic that despite the fact that every smoker is aware of the ill effects of smoking, he does not give it up. Tobacco companies are doing very well all over the world. Every packet of cigars or cigarettes has a warning inscribed in it: cigarette smoking is injurious to health." Yet the smoker never reads this warning and even if he reads it he never pays heed to it. The government raises the price of tobacco every year. This is usually done to discourage people from smoking. Yet smokers continue to be slaves of this habit and often spend a substantial part of their earnings on cigarettes. Cigarette advertisements lure people into smoking and most active smokers cause a great deal of harm to passive smokers as well. Smokers force the members of their family to bear the ill effects of the smoke that they exhale. Smoking can be stopped by a strong will power and every person has the capacity to give it up once he sets his mind at doing so.
Cause and Effect Peer Revision Essay
Smoking is one of a new disease that affects most of the society. These days smoking has spread by a large while everyone know that it doesn’t affect the smokers only, but the nonsmokers also which called passive smoking or secondhand smoking. Such as people who are sitting near the smokers who are breathing the smoke, the baby of the smoker pregnant woman and the pregnant woman who are not smoking. There are many researches which can help us to know what are the smoking effects on the smokers and nonsmokers and which of them are more dangerous. There are many different effects of smoking on the smoker’s people. And every year we hear that there are hundreds of people around the world die from diseases which caused by smoking, such as heart rate and blood pressure. First of all the smokers will feel that their hearts rate and blood pressure are coming faster which will cause heart attacks after years. That’s not all but there are some researchers found that the smokers are ten times more likely to dies from lung cancer than nonsmokers and emphysema, bronchitis and chronic airway obstruction are some of the smoking bad effect on the lung. Second hand smokes are the people who are not smoking but at the same time they are affected by smoke. There are some researches which find that 13% of cigarette smoke gets inhaled by the smokers and 85% lingers in the air every one breathe. Children are on of second hand smoke. They are breathing the smoke which leads them for colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, and sometime it will lead them for middle ear infections. Pregnant woman are also one of the second hand smokes. The smoke will not affect her only, but her child also. She will have a high rate of miscarriages, still births; it will increase the risk of low birth weight infants and her baby will born with decreased lung function and with greater risk of sudden infect death syndrome. Smoking is what is called a slow... [continues]