vHarmful Effects of Tobacco Speech
Today, I have a question for all of you “Would you mix rat poison, tar, lighter fuel, some radioactive gas some pesticide and drink all of that stuff at once?”, Your answer would probably be no because it’s obvious that all of this stuff is toxic and would result in sudden death. This is all of the stuff that cigarette smoke contains, so just wonder how harmful would cigarettes actually be. I’ll be telling you about the harmful effectsof tobacco & the great harm caused by the second-hand smoke that is emitted from smoking it. I know you all must have seen it in the movies and would’ve at least thought once that smoking makes you look so cool, but believe me after you hear all about it, it’s something that you don’t even want to think about trying . Studies show that each cigarette shortens about 11 minutes of your life so think more than twice before even trying. Smoking is not only bad for your own health, but it’s also very harmful for all the people around you, Second-hand smoke that you might breathe unknowingly all the time has massive effects on health. Smoke emitted from cigarettes, known as second-hand smoke, is very harmful for you and the people around you, in fact, only 15% of the SHS is breathed in by smokers while the rest 85% goes up in the air harming other people, also non-smokers are very likely to get the same diseases as smokers if they’re around smokers on a regular basis. Second-hand smoke is very harmful to children as their organs are in the development stage and can cause serious damage increasing chance of asthma. There are many harmful chemicals in cigarettes, including nicotine which is known to be very addictive, so trying it once can also put you in the danger of making it a habit. Second-hand smoke is known to contain more than 7,000 chemical out of which 70 can cause cancer, and hundred that are really harmful. Studies show that smokers have higher levels of stress than non-smokers and feel...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document