There are several steps for the implementation of Six Sigma in an organization. These steps include:
• Understanding the commitment of top leadership
• Access to current information on customer requirements
• A process management system to measure current performance and identify where you need to make improvements
• Employing Black Belts and Green Belts to design and improve processes and to assist process owners
• Allowing management involvement and review to reinforce process management, improvement and design
• Adopting effective communication strategy to ensure that Six Sigma methods are implemented throughout the organization.
The following steps are needed to implement the Six Sigma initiative:
• Perform financial analysis to understand profitability, COPQ (cost of poor Quality)and key contributors.
• Establish profitability objectives.
• Measure contributors to profitability.
• Establish business objectives and define values.
• Recruit a firm for Six Sigma training and implementation guidance.
• Select a pilot project or area for “small wins.”
• Define projects and develop plans to realize improvement.
• Conduct executive, champion, Black Belt and Green Belt training.
• Solve problems and develop solutions to reduce waste.
• Monitor progress of projects and provide support as needed.
• Celebrate and publicize successes.
Benefits of using Six Sigma