Abortion Persuasive Essay
Abortion may be one of the easiest ways to fix a mistake, but no way ground for killing a baby. My opinion is if you are going to have sex and take a chance of getting pregnant, then why not step up and enjoy the best blessing you will ever encounter? Abortion happens every day, but so does joy when a child is born. In 1996, there were approximately 3,700 abortions a day. (Facts about Mifepristone (RU-486). January 31, 2008) In this essay I will try my best to persuade you to become Pro-life on Abortion. Although abortion is convenient and inexpensive, it is very cruel and inhumane alternatives to pregnancy.
What do you consider to be life? The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines life as “the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body”. Does a fetus not have a heart beat? Or is the fetus dead in the womb? How can one say the fetus is not a human when clearly the heart beat begins on the 21st day after conception? (Heritage House ‘76, ©2010) The heart also starts pumping blood thru the body. If abortion can be up to 12 weeks, 84 days, then how can one justify they aren’t killing a human. Did you know that a baby born at 18 weeks can live outside the womb? This is called Viability. If the baby can succeed at living outside the womb at this stage, but was abortion after outside the womb, the mother could face criminal charges. What is abortion exactly? One would say just killing a baby, but it is much more. It is taking an innocent life that has done nothing wrong to deserve it. Abortion means to terminate a pregnancy, either by choice, or for medical reasons. There are two ways to terminate a pregnancy, pill or in-clinic. The “abortion pill” name is Mifepristone (Facts about Mifepristone (RU-486). January 31, 2008). This pill is taking over a series of weeks. It works by blocking the activity of progesterone, a substance your body makes to help...
References: (1) Complications. (2006, September 15). http://www.abortionfacts.com. Retrieved November 24, 2011, from http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_928YC.asp
(2) Milestones of Early Life. (2006, September 15). Retrieved November 25, 2011, from http://http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_9438MS.asp#day21
(3) Agresti, J. D. (2010, November 15). Abortion Facts. Retrieved November 24, 2011, from http://justfacts.com/abortion.asp
(4) Merriam-Webster, Incorporated life. Retrieved November 25, 2011, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/life
(5) Facts about Mifepristone (RU-486). (January 31, 2008). Retrieved 11/23/2011, from http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts/facts_mifepristone.html
(6) Facts about Mifepristone (RU-486). (January 31, 2008). Retrieved 11/23/2011, from http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/facts/facts_mifepristone.html
(7) Surgical Abortions. (1997-2010 ). Retrieved 11/21/2011, from http://www.lifesite.net/abortiontypes/
(8) Complications. (©2006 Heritage House ‘76, Inc). Retrieved 11/20/2011, from http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_928YC.asp
Please join StudyMode to read the full document