1.Describe (a) the prioritization process and (b) the governance structure.
The prioritization process involves the below steps,
* Strategic goals and objectives
* A clear articulation of the company’s overall strategy is created which includes the details of customer/market segments. * A distinctive advantage in products or services and the overall investment in R&D. a set of percentage of sales and the amount, which varies by industry and by market goals of a firm. * Classification of project types
* Categorizing the different types of projects, i.e. major breakthrough, new innovative product or enhancement of an existing product/service. * Such classification enables us to analyze project opportunities in a strategic manner. * Create aggregate project plan
* Using the above strategy, we can determine the percentage of resources allocated across project types, like platforms, derivatives etc. * Estimate maximum number of projects undertaken within each category and resource requirement for each type of project. * Commit to specific projects
* Compare project proposals within categories and not across platforms and other derivatives. * Use different criteria like ROI or NPV across categories. * Senior management’s active participation in managing the processes.
IT GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
* What decisions need to be made?
* Who should make the decision?
* How are these decisions made?
2. Based on what we have discussed in class, what were the strengths and weaknesses of the prioritization process? What would you have done differently?
The prioritization process was similar to the one used by Volkswagen of America. First the goals and objectives were defined even though there weren’t presented in order or preference it was clearly stated that operation cost optimization, industry leadership, customer retention and low risk of doing business...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document