International College of
Business & Technology Ltd.
Assignment Guide Book
Higher National Diploma in IT
This handbook is provided for students as a guide to prepare the assignment in order to maintain the required standards and procedures in line with EdExcel.UK standards. All students MUST prepare the assignments according to the given standard.
1. Every assignment should enclose the following order.
• Cover sheet (EdExcel format)
• Assignment Brief
• Grading descriptors
• Statement of Originality of Submitted Work
• Acknowledgement - PILIGANWEEMA
• Abstract / Executive Summery - SUMMERY
• Table of contents
• Table of figures – PHOTOS AND CHARTS
• Assignment answers (their contents)
• Conclusion - NIGAMANAYA
• Bibliography - NAMAWALIYA
2. Following should be considered as the formatting standards of the document. a. Body text size
b. Body text style
- A serif font ( Eg: Times New Roman) c. Line Spacing
- Left1.5” , Right , top and bottom 1” e. Pages should be numbered ( Except the cover page) f. Figures, tables and other exhibits should be names appropriately along with a meaningful title.
Eg: Table 1.1 – Stakeholder Analysis
|Stakeholder 1 |Stakeholder 2 |Stakeholder 3 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
3. Should quote the references where appropriate and should follow Harvard referencing method.
When quoting reference for books, following order should be considered.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document