Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.
As a KS1 teaching assistant I support to a pupil in Year 1 who is new to England and English is not his first language. In addition I volunteer to assist other children in the class especially after lunch. Although I cater to two sets of pupil, my main duties are quite the same as follows:
• Preparing the classroom for lessons
• Planning, delivering and evaluating teaching and learning activities
• Motivating and encouraging the children
• Ensuring children have access to and are able to use material needed to complete tasks.
• Helping pupils who need extra support to complete tasks, individually and in groups
• Support literacy and numeracy activities in the classroom
• Observing pupil performance and reporting on observations to the teacher
• Supervising art and craft activities and displaying work
• Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
• Playing educational games with children and encouraging younger children to learn through play
• Setting up information and communication technology (ICT) resources and supporting teaching and learning through the use of ICT
• Listening to pupils read, reading to them, and telling them stories
• Working with a child in the early stages of learning English
• Translating and interpreting
• Making resources
• Supporting other members of the team.
• Assisting in the delivery of curriculum specific programs of study.
• Teaching individually or sometime in small groups.
• Support the implementation of strategies to manage children’s behavior and help manage children’s behavior
• Undertake appropriate administrative tasks, e.g. produce worksheets for agreed activity.
• Assist children in the development of communication skills and role play