Server Review CH 1
1. Which of the following best defines a computer used as a server? c. Operating system software that includes directory services and domain name services
2. Which of the following best describes a Windows client OS? d. Supports only 10 network connections
3. Windows Server 2008 ________________ Edition supports a maximum of eight processors. Enterprise
4. Which of the following is true of Windows Web Server 2008? b. Supports only four processors
5. You have recently purchased a new computer that supports four processors, 64-bit process- ing, and up to 256 GB of RAM. You need to run several network applications that you expect will require at least 128 GB of RAM and possibly more. Which of the following Windows Server 2008 editions should you install on your server? c. Enterprise Edition
6. Each core in a multicore processor counts toward the maximum number of processors that Windows Server 2008 supports. False
7. You have purchased a new server that supports up to 8 GB RAM and two processor sock- ets. You’re currently running three other servers that provide Active Directory services, file and printer sharing, and DNS. This new server will act as a departmental Web server for about 50 users. You want to keep costs to a minimum. Which of the following editions should you choose?
a. Windows Web Server 2008
8. You’re considering purchasing a new server with Windows Server 2008 installed that has the capability to run four or more virtual machines and provides fault-tolerance features, such as adding and replacing memory and CPUs without shutting down the system. Which edi- tion of Windows Server 2008 should you ask to be installed on the server? d. Datacenter Edition
9. You need to support a large disk volume of 200 GB or more and limit the amount of space users’ files can occupy on the volume. Which file format should you use? c. NTFS
10. Which of the following disk formats supports encryption? (Choose all that apply.) c. NTFS
11. What feature of the Windows Server 2008 file system should you enable if you want users to be able to restore deleted or previous versions of a file in a shared folder? c. Shadow copies
12. You’re a consultant for a small business with four computer users. The company’s primary reason for networking is to share the Internet connection, two printers, and several docu- ments. Keeping costs down is a major consideration, and users should be able to manage their own shared resources. Which networking model best meets the needs of this business? Workgroup model
13. Which networking component includes a device driver?
d. Network interface
14. If you want to share files with other Windows computers, you should have __________ installed and enabled on your computer.
b. File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
15. If you want to make a computer a domain controller, which of the following should you install? d. Active Directory
16. Which of the following server roles turns your computer into a Web server? c. IIS
17. Which of the following is the common framework in which most Windows Server 2008 administrative tools run?
b. Microsoft Management Console
18. You have been asked to advise a business on how best to set up its Windows network. Eight workstations are running Windows Vista Business. The business recently acquired a new contract that requires running a network application on a server. A secure and reliable envi- ronment is critical to run this application, and security management should be centralized. There’s enough budget for new hardware and software, if necessary. Which Windows net- working model should you advise this business to use?
a. A Windows domain using Active Directory
19. Which of the following is not a server role that can be installed in Windows Server 2008? b. Failover Clustering
20. Which of the following is required to install the Hyper-V role in Windows Server 2008? (Choose all that...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document