At the end of this review, the students should be able to:
define what is the scientific method,
know the different steps of the Scientific Method; and
be able to perform the different steps of Scientific Method
Activity: WORD SEARCH:
C Y D E L B A I R A V S U E P S A I
D H R A F O X L Q I T S R R E C X N
A O A O T E C L Y E N A O J Q I E D
N O H R E A W M P O P B M S U E U E
A Q H T T H X S I M L N L E I N O P
L M V J E S T T O E M O D L P T N E
Y M B O S M A C M W I L C B M I O N
S K K Y Q V C I K B T H Z A E S I D
I P O V R G E I H E A O P I N T S E
S J P E R C U Q F Z A O Y L T S U N
U S S A N E N R G I X S Z E Z Y L T
X B P E N O Q E E R T L S R R A C X …show more content…
Are there any more words that can be found in the puzzle that is also connected to Scientific Method? What are those words and how are they related to Scientific Method?
Input: Review the students in the definition of the Scientific Method and what are the steps or procedures in it.
The Scientific Method is the scientific approach to answering a problem.
1. Ask a question – determine a natural phenomenon that you are curious about.
2. Research a topic – this includes reading books, notes or journals and surfing the internet
3. Formulate a hypothesis – using the knowledge that you have gathered, formulate a hypothesis about the cause of the phenomenon you are curious about
Hypothesis is an educated guess about the answer or solution in the studied phenomenon.
4. Test the hypothesis – includes planning and carrying out a procedure, usually an experiment, which would test test the hypothesis you have formulated by gathering data.
Data are the information gathered during an experiment.
5. Analyze the data – use proper analysis to see if the data gathered supports or contests the your hypothesis.
Ask the students how they would apply the Scientific Method in the following …show more content…
He bought a special Flower Power fertilizer to see if will help plants produce more flowers. He plants two plants of the same size in separate containers with the same amount of potting soil. He places one plant in a sunny window and waters it every day with fertilized water. He places the other plant on a shelf in a closet and waters it with plain water every other day.
• What did SpongeBob do wrong in this experiment? Explain.
Answer: SpongeBob did not provide both plants with the same amount of water and sunshine. In order to test the fertilizer correctly, both plants should have been placed in the sunny window and watered every day withthe same amount of water. The only dif erence between the two plants should have been the fertilizer - one plant would be watered with the water with fertilizer and the other would be watered with plain water.
• What should SpongeBob do to test the effectiveness of Flower Power fertilizer?
Answer: The experiments may vary as long as they address the problem of SpongeBob.
(2) Bubble Time
Patrick loves bubble gum and would like to be able to blow bigger bubbles than anyone else in
Bikini Bottom. To prepare for the Bikini Bottom Big Bubble Contest, he bought five different brands