1.1: describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.
As part of my role as a early years practitioner I have to;
1. To work as an integral member of the team, creating a safe, constructive and stimulating environment for the children.
2. To meet the children’s individual needs, appropriate to their stage and level of development for example; planning activities to each individual Childs needs.
3. To be involved in the setting up and clearing away at the start and end of each session as required.
4. To be involved with the planning of activities.
5. To foster children’s growth of development and self reliance, and to be involved in children’s activities with a view to supporting and extending these activities appropriately.
6. To ensure that toys and equipment are maintained, clean and safe to play with or use for example in my setting every Friday is a “deep clean” which means everything is cleaned thoroughly ready for following week.
7. To understand and comply with the Fire Drill Practise.
8. To attend and take part in staff and other relevant meetings.
9. To keep a daily register, first aid box and other relevant records as required.
10. To communicate with parents and carers in a positive, constructive manner.
11. To make time available on a regular basis to discuss the day to day running of the setting with other members of