- In the Bullard House negotiations my partner and I was able to agree on $29 M deal. Of the four groups that made a deal, the average deal was around $25M.
- In the Bestbooks/Paige Turner exercise I received 24,200 points while my partner received 26,300 points. The total agreement was 7% Royalty, $1m signing bonus, 200 weeks in publication, 25 weeks to promote the book, 4 year contract, 2 renewal options for Publisher, 14 countries to be sold, and 5 book clubs as “book of the month”. The class average points was 25,071 points.
- In the Weblink exercise I was able to come to agree with a deal of $ 20,000 for 6 months, $1250 for the link to be on the website and a clause of $9,000 per day as a compensation for lost revenue if the website went offline for overloading.
- In the Fresh Air exercise, my partner and I settled for the World Trade Center at $8.8 MM in abatements.
- In the New Recruit exercise I received a grand total of 5,600 point while my partner received 7000. The total agreement was 10% Bonus, Division A assignment, 5 vacation days, June 1 start date, 90% moving expense coverage, Plan E insurance coverage, $86,000 salary, …show more content…
As the seller I was able to get a deal that was within my BATNA and close to the class average. I went into this negotiation with a BATNA of 140 and was able to get a deal at 135. I believe that I was successful in this negotiation because I enter the meeting with a solid plan including my BATNA and reservation point. I also listened closely to the opposing side’s arguments and adjusted my approach and BANTA accordingly to receive the best results. Since this was the first negotiation of the course, I believe that with all the information I have learned in the past five weeks that I executed this negotiation the best using the information from this