1. Revenue hours represent the key activity that drives costs at Salem Data Services. Which expenses in Exhibit 2 are variable with respect to revenue hours? Which expenses are fixed with respect to revenue hours?
A) Variable with respect to revenue hours
B) Fixed expenses with respect to revenue hours:
Depreciation of computer equipment, office equipment and fixtures
Operations salaried staff
Systems development and maintenance
Administration and sales
2. For each expense that is variable with respect to revenue hours, calculate the cost per revenue hour.
3. Create a contribution margin income statement for Salem Data Services; Assume that intra company usage is 205 hours, Assume commercial usage is at the March Level. Revenue
Operating Income (loss)
From the case we know that intracompany work was billed at $400 per hour, and commercial sales were billed at $800 per hour. Commercial
4. Assuming the intracompany demand for service will average 205 hours per month, what level of commercial revenue hours of computer use would be necessary to break even?
Break even formula follows: Revenue = Variable Costs + Fixed Costs 205*400 + X *800 =(X+205) *28.7 +212,939
X= 177.39 Hrs. needed to break even
5. Each option will affect...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document