An educational media center is a facility designed for the housing and utilization of all educational media within the school. It is a basic requirement for school to render quality service. It is not independent of the school. Rather, like any part of the human body, it is the units in the school that cooperates with other unit of departments that help the school fulfill its mission and realize its vision by living up to the school's philosophy and aims. It serves a myriad roles, functions, and services such as:
* Orientation-All teacher are given an orientation on the Educational Media Center. The students are also given an orientation on their first Media Instructional Program class.
* Selection of print and non-print materials-The librarians continually select and acquire print and non-print material that suits the needs, interest, and special abilities of the students and teachers.
* Organization of print and non-print materials- A technical librarian organizes all the purchased print and non-print materials for easy retrieval.
* Circulation of print and non-print materials-The Educational Media Center lends out various types of materials to students and teachers.
* Reference-The EMC attends to request such bibliographic information from the card catalog, search through books, periodicals, pamphlets, documents and non-print materials.
* Bibliographic Service-There are listings of materials and periodical articles to publicize the new materials and periodical articles in the EMC.
* Media Instruction Preprogram- The MIP aims to teach students to be skillful and discriminating users of print and non-print media.
* Class Supervised Research- IT is a schedule program of activity particularly in Science and Social Studies.
* Grade level newspaper- Each grade level is given a subscription to a newspaper of their choice. * Photocopying Services- A self- service photocopying machine is available for...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document