COURSE CODE : OUMH1103
SEMESTER : JANUARY 2013
INDEX MISSING ITEMS POOR AVERAGE GOOD EXCELLENT MARKS
WEIGHT 0 1 2 3 4
1 Introduction 1 - Introduction is inappropriate and does not support the content of the report at all - Introduction has inadequate development and does not contain a clear statement of purpose or contains faulty thesis - Introduction has adequate development but statement of purpose/ thesis statement was not clear - Introduction has adequate development and contains clear thesis - Introduction is well-developed and contains clear thesis 4
2 Body paragraphs:
4 reasons for poor command of English language among students in Malaysian higher educational institutions 4 - Most paragraphs content information that is out of tangent.
- Content does not answer the question at all. - Body paragraphs are not well-developed and contain many illogical and irrelevant ideas
- Essay demonstrates very little understanding of the issue
- Body paragraphs are not adequately developed but contain some logical and relevant ideas
- Essay demonstrates some understanding of the issue - Body paragraphs contain adequately developed, logical and relevant ideas
- Essay demonstrates in-depth understanding of the issue - Body paragraphs contain well-developed, logical and relevant ideas
- Writing clearly demonstrates in-depth understanding of the issue
3 Suggestions 2 - All suggestions given are inappropriate and illogical. - Suggestions given are generally inappropriate - Suggestions given are reasonably acceptable with some being inappropriate - Most suggestions given are appropriate All suggestions given are logical, appropriate and workable. 8
4 Coherence 1 - Writing is choppy and has a lot of gaps.
- Most writing is not connected.
- Development is very confusing. - Writing is generally incoherent due to ineffective utilisation of cohesive