1. In the opening scene, who starts the fight and why?
A. Montague servants; Capulet servants thumb their nose at them B. Capulet servants; they thumb their noses at Montague servants C. Benvolio; he can’t stand the sight of the Capulets
D. Montague servants; they thumb their noses at Capulet servants
2. Who tries to break up the fight?
3. How does the fight end?
A. Benvolio breaks up the fight
B. The prince threatens them with death if they fight again C. Tybalt breaks up the fight
D. The prince threatens to banish them if they fight again
4. Why is Romeo so sad?
A. Rosaline doesn’t want him
B. He missed the servant fight
C. He is just depressed
D. He has lost a family member
5. Who wants to marry Juliet?
6. Why does Lord Capulet throw a party?
A. He has just gotten remarried
B. He has won a fight with the Montagues
C. He wants Juliet to meet suitable bachelors
D. It’s his birthday
7. Why does Romeo finally decide to go to the party?
A. There will be plenty of his favorite foods
B. Mercutio will introduce him to Juliet
C. He wants to pick a fight with the Capulets
D. Rosaline, the girl he loves, will be there
8. Who recites the poem Queen Mab?
9. Does Juliet have a good relationship with her parents in Act I? A. Yes, she tries to please her parents
B. No, she is very defiant
C. Yes, they always talk
D. No, her parents do not pay her much mind
10. Who recognizes Romeo at the party and how?
A. Lord Capulet; he sees Romeo’s face
B. Tybalt; he recognizes Romeo’s voice
C. Lady Capulet; she sees Romeo and Juliet kiss
D. The nurse; she sees Romeo and Juliet kiss
1. After they profess their love, Juliet contacts Romeo through a servant the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document