2. The tale of Pyramus and Thigbe is connected to William Shakespeare through his story of Romeo and Juliet. The stories are very similar as the both are based on two lovers who are forbade to marry each other. In both stories the lovers were able to come together through death.
3. Orpheus was a very talented musician who used his music to win people over. His talent played a roll in his death because he was killed by maenads who were not able to hear his music.
4. Pelias sends Jason on a journey to retrieve the Golden Fleece. By retrieving the Golden Fleece, Jason rightfully took over the throne.
5. After …show more content…
The twelve great Olympians are one family. Zeus(Jupiter) the most powerful, his animal is the eagle. His brother Poseidon(Neptune) controls the sea as well as the wind and the storms. Poseidon’s animal is the horse. Zeus’ other brother Hades(Pluto) rules the underworld and his animal is the three headed hound. Hestia(Vesta) is the sister of Zeus and goddess of the hearth. Hera(Juno) is the protector of marriage. Her animals are the cow and the peacock. Ares(Mars) is the son of Zeus and the god of war. His animal is the bird. Athena is the goddess of wisdom and war, her animal is the owl. Apollo(Phoebus) is a great musician and his animals are the dolphin and the crow. Aphrodite(Venus) is the goddess of love and beauty. Her animals are the dove, sparrow, and the swan. Herme(Mercury) the messenger of the gods and the god of thieves. His animal is the tortoise. Artemis(Diana) is the goddess of wild things. Her animal is the deer and her plant is the cypress. Hephaestus(Vulcan) the craftsman of the gods and the god of fire. His animal is the donkey.
2. In Greek mythology and in modern superheroes, there are two characters that are similar in multiple ways. The two characters with similarities are Poseidon and Aqua man. Both Poseidon and Aqua man are powerful, and they are both rulers of the sea. One of their main similarities is that they both choose the same weapon which is the trident. One thing that makes them different is that Poseidon is one of the most powerful gods where …show more content…
Hercules is best know for his strength and might. He could only be defeated by something supernatural. In Hamilton’s book, Hercules has other characteristics that make him a hero. Hercules always showed tremendous bravery which helped him be seen as a hero. He was also very confident and saw himself equal to the gods. Hercules was not very smart but he made up for it with his other characteristics.
5. Although Narcissus and Pygmalion made foolish decisions, Paris; was equally as bad. Paris was given the opportunity to have something long term that would guarantee happiness, power and so much more. Yet Paris made the foolish decision of having something not guaranteed and only given pleasure. Paris took the easy way out and let his greed take over from making the right and better decision.
6. At Servite, we are always expected to be reverent, especially when is comes to our religion. Tantalus and Niobe acted the exact opposite and showed impiety. Tantalus had great hate for the gods and went out of his way to disrespect them. He cooked his own son to make the gods cannibals. Niobe would always boast in front of the gods. She would brag about her kids and show no respect for the