ACT FOUR - SCENE ONE
1. What is the plan that Juliet and the Friar come up with?
Take a sleeping potion that will make her appear dead; send a letter to Romeo explaining the plan so he will come get her from the tomb and take her to Mantua. ACT FOUR - SCENE TWO
2. Juliet is so convincing in her deception that her father decides to move the wedding day up from Thursday to Wednesday. What Complication does this change foreshadow? Friar Lawrence has less time to get the letter to Romeo.
ACT FOUR - SCENE THREE
3. List at least 3 ofJuliet's fears as she is about to drink the potion. A. The mixture will not work
B. Friar giving her poison that will kill her
C. Being in the tomb with all her dead ancestors and not being able to get out. ACT FOUR - SCENE FOUR
3. What event is the family preparing for?
ACT FOUR - SCENE FIVE
4. Explain the dramatic irony in Friar Laurence's speech (lines 65-83) He knows that Juliet is not dead but Capulet does not. He knows that Juliet is married and Capulet does not.
ACT FIVE- SCENE ONE
5. What news does Balthasar bring Romeo?
Juliet is dead
6. What does Romeo decide to do because of this news?
He decides to kill himself by Juliet’s side.
ACT FIVE – SCENE TWO
7. Why couldn’t Friar John deliver the message to Romeo?
He was held up at an inn when he was visiting the sick because the health department was quarantining people because of the plague. 8. What does Friar Laurence say he will do until Romeo can get the news ? He will go and get Juliet and keep her at his cell until Romeo knows about the plan.
ACT FIVE- SCENE THREE
9. Who does Romeo kill outside the Capulet’s tomb?
10. How does Romeo kill himself?
He poisons himself
11. What happens when Juliet wakes up and finds Romeo dead?
She is heartbroken and kills herself with a dagger.
12. What does Friar Laurence tell the Prince when everyone arrives? He tells him that Romeo and Juliet were married the day Tybalt died. They were trying...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document