ROLLER COASTER POLYNOMIALS
ROLLER COASTER DESIGN:
Project due on Monday 10/ 20 /14
( Groups of 4 students )
In real life, polynomial functions are used to design roller coaster rides. In this project, you will apply skills acquired in Unit 2 to analyze roller coaster polynomial functions and to design your own roller coaster ride.
Group Roller Coaster Design Final Draft.
1. Rough Sketch of your Roller Coaster.
(the x-axes and the y-axes labeled with zeroes and the y-intercept clearly labeled)
2. Report MUST be completed on a separate sheet of typed questions with answers and work for each question. (ALL 11 parts of the report MUST be labeled ! )
3. The graph showing your polynomial function on a scratch program ( You can use desmos.com and take a screen shot of it, ONLY, if you cannot find another program.)
4. Group presentation, 3 min ( PowerPoint or prezi )
You decided to become a structural engineer who specializes in roller coaster design. Your job is to design your own roller coaster ride. To complete this task, please follow these steps:
The amusement park you are designing for, gave you the following coaster requirements:
1. your coaster ride must have at least 3 local minimum and / or maximums.
2. the ride length must be at least 4 minutes
3. the coaster ride starts at 250 feet
4. the ride dives below the ground into a tunnel at least once
Write your report on you Roller Coaster Design. Label each part clearly. Your work MUST be neat, organized and must appear professional. ( Typed + Rough sketch )
1. Draw a rough sketch of your "roller coaster" ride on a coordinate plane. Note: Be sure to illustrate your x-axis and y-axis scale to identify the length of the ride and the height of the ride you are designing. Make sure your design meets all the criteria listed above....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document