2. How are organisms on a rocky shore distributed? Organisms are distributed on a rocky shore by horizontal zones on the shore.
3. What three types of bedrock are typically found in a rocky shore ecosystem? Three types of bedrock are sandy shore, rocky shore, and salt marsh.
4.What are the different zones of the rocky shore? The different zones are the splash zone, the upper shore, then the middle shore, and finally the lower zone.
5.What plants are found in each zone? Be specific on listing them
•Splash- Mostly things like grass
•Upper- mostly things like algae
•Middle- Mostly brown rockweeds
•Lower- A combination of algae, brown rockweeds, and Irish moss.
6. What is the name of a plant-like species found in rocky shores?
The name of a plant-like species found in the rocky shores would be algae and lichens.
7. In which zone of the rocky shore would you most likely find only grasses and patches of lichens?
The zone you’re most likely to find only grasses and patches of lichen is the splash zone.
8. What animals may be found in each zone?—be specific on listing them
•Upper- One animal you may find would be a rough periwinkle.
•Middle- The main animals you would fine here would be the rough periwinkle, the common periwinkle, the smooth periwinkle, blue mussels, dog whelks, purple starfish, crustaceans, and hydroids.
•Lower- Most animals you will find in the lower zone would be common periwinkles, green sea urchins, sponges, limpets, isopods, amphipods, horse mussels, hydroids, and sea slugs.
9.What type of animal uses the rocky shore for their 'feeding' grounds? The animal that uses the rocky shore for their ‘feeding’ ground is the white tail deer.
10.What factors shape the rocky shore?
Some factors that shape the rocky shore would be tides and waves. 11. What special features of