Roberts Questions To Exercises Chapter 3 SAP Classic Rockers
1) (1 point) In this exercise, you create MRP views for your raw material, Wood Kit. The following screen shows the result after performing the first five steps of this exercise. Note that the following fields are already populated: Material Description; Plant; Base Unit of Measure; and Purchasing Group. Also note the message at the bottom of the screen.
The message at the bottom of the screen means that a master record for Wood Kit already exists and will now be extended (i.e., expanded) to include further data regarding MRP.
In which previous exercise did you create your Wood Kit, and what views were created in that exercise?
2) (2 point) Note on the screenshot on the previous page that the respective descriptions of the Material, Plant and Base Unit of Measure are already shown to the right of the fields containing their respective values.
What kind of application control is present through the automatic showing of these respective descriptions? Explain.
3) (2 point) Which of the four common control objectives is most enhanced by this control feature in this situation? Explain.
4) (1 point) What kind of control is this control procedure – a preventive or detective control? Explain.
Questions about PP05 (Worth Four Points in Total):
1) (2 point) In this exercise, you create the routing for your finished product, Rocker. Note the shown below. In step #5, the value of 1 is entered into the From Lot Size field.
Assume that instead of entering the value of 1, you accidentally tried to enter the letter Q (which is just below 1 on the keyboard). SAP would not have allowed it. If the speakers to your computer were turned on, you would hear an error sound when trying to type the letter Q into the field.
What kind of application control is present on the From Lot Size field? Explain.
2) (2 point) Which of the four common control objectives is most enhanced by this control feature in this situation?