1.1 Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.
As my role of a registered childminder it is my responsibility to provide a safe, warm and caring environment where children feel welcomed and loved and are able to learn & develop at their own pace, with guidance and supervision as appropriate. This will then allow parents to have peace of mind and go to work knowing that their child is being taken care of to the highest level.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• To listen to parents as experts on their own children, to respect families’ traditions and childcare practices and to follow parents wishes as closely as possible within the context of caring for children from several different families.
• To plan and provide activities and resources appropriate to each child’s age, stage of development and individual needs & interests.
• To provide a safe environment, both at the childminder’s property and on outings and to teach children safe practices and to hold a current First Aid Certificate.
• To maintain discipline and encourage positive behaviour.
• To be aware of the signs and symptoms which indicate the possibility of abuse and to be aware of the current procedure for reporting concerns.
• To provide a varied, nutritional menu with due regard to the dietary requirements of each child and current professional recommendations for children’s diets.
• To provide a healthy environment and to encourage children to make healthy choices.
• To liase with and, where necessary, to seek advice from professionals with due regard to confidentiality, including Preschool Leader, schoolteachers, Health Visitor.
• To adhere to the requirements set out by relevant authorities, including Ofsted, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s Environmental Health Department, Inland Revenue, the insurance provider(s), and the Fire Officer.
• To comply with legislation such as that