Belong to an individual or group of individuals as a consequence of being human. They refer to a wide continuum of values or capabilities thought to enhance human life and declared to be universal in character, in some sense equally claimed for all human being. CHILD?
Refer to persons below 18 years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves, from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation, or discrimination because of physical or mental disability or condition. LEAGUE OF NATIONS
4 categories of child rights
1. Survival (mabuhay)
2. Development (umunland)
3. Protection (Maproteksyonan)
4. Participation (Makilahaok)
Rights of EVERY CHILD
* To be born, have a name and a nationality
* To have a family who will love and care for him/her
* To live in peaceful community and a wholesome environment * To have a adequate food and a healthy and active body
* To obtain a good education and develop one’s potential * To be given opportunities for play and leisure
* To be protected against abuse, exploitation, neglect, violence and danger * To be defended and given assistance by the government
* To be able to express my own views
KINDS OF CHILD ABUSE
Child Abuse – refers to a maltreatment whether habitual or not to a child Psychological Abuse – any harm to a child’s emotional or intellectual functioning which includes, but not limited to belittling, rejecting, discriminating and other similar acts. Physical Abuse – any act which results in intentional and/or unreasonable infliction of physical injury to a child. Neglect - -unreasonable deprivation of a child’s basic needs for survival, such as food, clothing, shelter, medical, education, general care and supervision by parents, guardians or custodian.
Sexual Abuse RA 7610 – any employment, use, persuasion, inducement, enticement or coercion of the child to engage in or assist another person in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document