RIDING THE WAVES
TOGETHER : a
Brought to you by:
Sai Kaung Ngin
1) Surf Life Saving New Zealand (SLSNZ) is a lifesaving association that provideswere
by DHL’s investment through its clubhouse which
allows SLSNZ to update their facilities and equipment.
• Has been in the communities for 100 years
of 9 districts
partnership, DHL provided reasonable level of funding
with a total of 15000 members
• SLSNZ is involved with 450 school each year
year in beach
in delivering documents and products by air
• The organisation has over 220 countries and territories worldwide with more than 500 000 employees
• DHL been in operation since 1973 and has more than 500 employees
What insights from this case
that the partnership could not be
characterised wholly as a tactical
• According to Duarte et al., (2006),
• SWOT is a way to analyse the environment based on their strength, weakness, opportunities and
• According to Thibault & Harvey (1997),
• Non-profit organisation need to approach corporate sponsorship as a strategic alliance to maintain and secure sponsorship relationship
• SLSNZ is widely recognise
• Weak sustainable funding
• SLSNZ registered to an intellectual
property office of New Zealand
• High exposure to media
• Opportunities to communicate with
other stake holders
• Prone to natural disaster
What key principles have
contributed to the success of this
Key principle to SUCCESS
• SLSNZ allows access to resources such as volunteers, managerial expertise •andAccording
Boots and Evans (1990),
“where both parties establish a sense of worth and
• Gain more opportunities to connect with target audience and able to attract more investor
• DHL’s investment provides better facilities for SLSNZ
How important are mainstream
marketing activities for SLSNZ,
and what important
considerations need to be made
in non-profit marketing?
Importance of mainstream marketing
marketingis the key digital economy driver so that marketers can • Consideration
track for debating and develop to form strategic views on levels of experience of online (Edwards,
Act on the passion
• • According
• There are different categories of media method to spread the message to consumers • The accountability between it and society, as well as the rationale for its existence and ongoing support.
• Social media such as Facebook, iPad or YouTube applications, can focus on user generated content and fit with service dominant logic marketing to improve the speed and • Improvement in a non-profit marketing organisation social impact objective may take years to efficiency of data collection
Are there any general
suggestions you would
make to ensure the
continuance of this
According to Kaplan and Norton (1992), balanced scorecard is used for To ensure the continuance of this agreement, we would recommend SLSNZ • strategic planning and management system
• Building trust and overcoming cultural misunderstandings • Used extensively by business and...
References: Boot, R. and Evans, J., "Partnership in Education and Change", Management Education and Development, Vol. 21 No. 1, 1990, pp. 13-21.
1.bp.blogspot.com, (2015). [online] Available at: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/1dqMBWENkBo/TyeXrs6jU6I/AAAAAAAAAkY/X3nh9tRQ3gY/s640/Screen+shot+2012-01-31+at+2.24.21+AM.png [Accessed 15 Jul. 2015].
Cre8asiteforums.com, (2015). [online] Available at: http://www.cre8asiteforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/success.jpg [Accessed 15 Jul. 2015].
Comps.canstockphoto.com, (2015). [online] Available at: http://comps.canstockphoto.com/can-stock-photo_csp15340283.jpg [Accessed 15 Jul. 2015].
Duarte, C., Ettkin, L., Helms, M. and Anderson, M. (2006). The challenge of Venezuela: a SWOT analysis. Competitiveness Review, 16(3/4), pp.233-247.
Edwards, S. M (2011). A Social Media Mindset. Vol. 12, Issue: 1. Termerlin Advertising Institute.
Kaplan R S and Norton D P (1992), “The Balanced Scorecard – Measures That Drive Performance”, Harvard Business Review, Vol. 70, No. 1, pp. 71-79.
Schimmel, Kurt, and Nicholls, Jeananne (2002). E-commerce consumer perceptions regarding internet shopping, Journal of Internet Commerce, 1(4), 2336.
Thibault, L., & Harvey, J. (1997). Fostering interorganizational linkages in the Canadian sport delivery system. Journal of Sport Management, 11, 45-68.
YouTube, (2015). Surf Life Saving Northern Region Lifesaving. [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSnuXHmSrwU [Accessed 15 Jul.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document