Reproductive Health Bill
(Summarize & Reaction)
Gimelyn B. Tanquerido
Dr. Leah Fernandez
Reproductive Health Bill
SEC. 1. Title
* The Responsible Parenthood, Reproductive Health and Population and Development Act of 2011 is the title and year proposed this law. SEC. 2. Declaration of Policy
* That this law also focusing to the basic rights of all persons especially the women, parents, and couples. Undergo some programs about related topic like prevention of population growth and access to relevant information and education on medically-safe, legal, ethical, affordable, effective and quality reproductive health care services, methods, devices and supplies. Imposing practices, laws and policies that people may follow and be part of it. SEC. 3. Guiding Principles
* This act has guiding principles like freedom of choice, respect for protection, fulfilments and the rights of the welfare. Concerning for the human health development and responsible for parenting. The provisions of information, services, care and supplies offered especially to the poor and marginalized. Implementing the natural and modern methods of family planning and programs. Active participation of people to implementing this programs, policies, and plans. People may understand that this reproductive health program needs in the life cycle. SEC. 4. Definition of Terms
* Related ideas or topic in reproductive health has been defined and stated the purposes so people may understand and knows to apply to their living. SEC. 5. Midwives for Skilled Attendance
* Employ good enough numbers of midwives and equality so some depressed areas. SEC. 6. Emergency Obstetric Care
* This section states to establish or upgrade hospitals with complete facilities, equipment, and supplies and equal and qualified personnel that will be also equal to the isolated and depressed areas. SEC. 7. Access to Family Planning
* This section states that families will be fully supported with the needs in financially and physically related to family planning.
SEC. 8. Maternal and Newborn Health Care in Crisis Situations * This section states to ensure the supplies and services as will as location site. SEC. 9. Maternal Death Review
* This section states the records of maternal death.
SEC. 10. Role of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
* This section states the food and medicines safety and assurance for the supplies for modern family planning methods. SEC. 11. Procurement and Distribution of Family Planning Supplies * This section states the family planning supplies will be distributed fairly to the people in our country especially to the poor household. SEC. 12. Integration of Family Planning and Responsible Parenthood Component in Anti-Poverty Programs * This sections states the implementation of policies and programs to fight poverty. SEC. 13. Roles of Local Government in Family Planning Programs * This section states to ensure that poor families receive preferential access to services, commodities and programs for family planning. SEC. 14. Benefits for Serious and Life-Threatening Reproductive Health Conditions * This section states that all serious and life threatening reproductive health conditions shall be given the maximum benefits as provided by PhilHealth programs. SEC. 15. Mobile Health Care Service
* This section states to provide transportation service to use in each District especially in the coastal or mountainous areas as well as to deliver health care supplies and services in which shall be funded by the National Government. SEC. 16. Mandatory Age-Appropriate Reproductive Health and Sexuality Education * This section states the Age-appropriate Reproductive Health and Sexuality Education shall be taught by adequately trained teachers in formal and non-formal educational system starting from...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document