Any paid form of non-personal communication through mass media
The main features of advertise are as under:
i) It is directed towards increasing the sales of business. ii) Advertising is a paid form of publicity iii) It is non-personal. They are directed at a mass audience and nor at the individual as is in the case of personal selling. iv) Advertisement are identifiable with their sponsor of originator which is not always the case with publicity or propaganda.
Importance of Advertisement
Advertising broadens the knowledge of the consumers. With the aid of advertising, consumers find and buy necessary products without much waste of time. This speeds up the sales of commodities, increases the efficiency of labor in distribution, and diminishes the costs of selling. It is an accepted fact that without market stimulus of heavy advertising, consumers might have waited another sixty years for the product evaluation that took place in less than ten years - it took after all over sixty years from the invention of the safety razor before the first acceptable stainless steel blades appeared in the market. These words are more than enough to testify the potentialities of advertising in the field of modern marketing system. The main benefits of advertising may be narrated as follows:
Generally, promotion is communicating with the public in an attempt to influence them toward buying your products and/or services.
The main features of Promotion are as under:
1. The intent of the policy is clearly communicated.
2. The policy is consistent with the philosophy and values of top management.
3. The scope of the policy, such as coverage by geographic region, employee groups, and so forth, is clearly articulated.
4. Employees' responsibilities and opportunities for development are clearly defined.
5. Supervisors' responsibilities for employee development are clearly defined.
6. Procedures are clearly described, such as how